Chicken pox is a highly contagious disease that is commonly happen to children. Once it happen, it can bring red spots and itchiness to the people who suffer. It can naturally go away within few weeks but you can shorten the suffering time for your children by taking medicine or seeing doctors.
Luckily, there are many treatments and medicine that people can take to make the pox vanish but before it. People have long been using some natural remedies to get rid of the disease without leaving any side effects.
1. Baking Soda
This must-have ingredient is useful tool for scrubbing and therefore, it can be used to relieve the rashes and reduce irritation.
Here’s how to apply:
· In a bowl, mix one teaspoon of baking soda with water.
· Apply it all over the affected area.
· Leave it until dry the wipe out with clean cloth.
Alternatively, you can pour ½ cup of baking soda into a bath tub of warm water. Taking bath in this solution can also relieve the itchiness.
2. Indian lilac
Indian lilac or neem has antiviral properties. People have long been using neem to treat chicken pox before any medicine. They are great since they can both prevent virus from spreading and soothe the pain or relieve itchiness.
Here is how to apply:
· Crush a pinch of fresh neem leaves until they reach consistency.
· Apply the paste on the chicken pox or literally all over your body.
· Leave them until dry then wipe out with clean cloth.
3. Carrots and Corianders
These two ingredients can be used to make a yummy soup. It is only not good for your health since carrots rich in vitamin A but also foster the healing process since it rich in antioxidant properties.
· Cut 2 carrots into pieces and mix with a handful of Corianders leaves.
· Fill the pot with water then boil the pot for 30 minutes.
· Drink the soup every day within one month until the chicken pox is gone completely.
Similar to baking soda, you can use oatmeal to take bath. This available ingredient can work wonders to get rid of chicken pox.
· You will need 2 cups of ground oatmeal until they become fine powder.
· Put the powder into the bathtub then fill it with lukewarm water.
· Take bath with that water for 20 minutes.
5. Brown Vinegar
Brown Vinegar is among the remedies to treat chicken pox. Plus, brown sugar is easy to find and easy to apply. And the most important thing is probably it leaves no scar. You can use it as bath powder.
It’s antioxidant properties that can kill all the virus cause chicken pox. Plus it can also relieve itchiness caused by red spots and accelerate the healing process:
· On the chicken pox areas, gently apply a thick paste of pure honey.
· Leave it for 30 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
· Repeat the action for at least 3 times a day.
*Note: Honey is only used after the spot is heal and leaves scar.
7. Herbal Tea
Basically, all herbal tea has healing benefits. Make sure the tea you use is mild so that it cannot cause itchiness to your spot and accelerate the healing process.