The worst part of winter is always dry skin and chapped lips. For those who have been suffering chapped lips do know how does it hurt. Moreover, it ruins girl’s beauty and affect their attractiveness. Once chapped lips happen, it brings irritation, painful, cracks to the lips. Usually, they are caused by dehydration, smoking or in some cases, constant exposure to sunlight….
Fortunately, there are tons of good lips balms out there that can solve the problem. Along with them, there are also a lot of natural ways to get rid of dry lips/ chapped lips that are perfectly effective and inexpensive.
The best way to get rid of chapped lips is to exfoliate dead lips cells to allow them to rejuvenate.
An useful tool is sugar and here is how to apply. You can add drops of honey to have the best result.
· In a small cup, mix 2 teaspoons of honey and 4 teaspoon of sugar.
· Apply the mixture on your lips and wait for a while.
· After 15 minutes, rinse off with lukewarm water.
Honey is great in moisturizing your skin as well as your lips. Besides, the antibacterial properties can soften your lips and accelerate the healing process.
Here is how to apply:
· On your damp lips, simply apply thick coat of pure honey.
· Leave it overnight and rinse off the very next morning.
Alternatively, you can mix honey with glycerin for the softening benefits. How to apply is basically similar to applying honey.
3. Rose petals
The ingredients can soften your lips along with give your lips a shiny natural color. Plus, it is a available in your garden, which makes it a very simple way to apply.
· Before using, soak rose petals in water or milk if you are not allergic to dairy products.
· Crush them until they become a fine paste.
· On your chapped lips, apply the paste throughout the day, especially every night before heading to bed.
4. Coconut Oil
The versatile oil can be used to treat many health problems and skin issues, which makes it a must-have in every house. Applying coconut oil constantly can soften your lips and foster healing process. Plus, it also can prevent your lips from redness and painful.
5. Castor Oil
Another great treatment for your dry lips is castor oil. You can literally apply castor oil on chapped lips couples of times a day. Alternatively, if you have time, you can apply as follow:
· Mix one teaspoon of castor oil with one teaspoon of glycerin.
· Add few drops of lime to the mixture.
· Mix them well together and use as lip balm every night before heading to bed.
· Rinse of well with water the morning when you wake up.
6. Milk Cream
Milk is a nutritious ingredient to your lips, especially when it comes to treating chapped lips owing to high fat properties.
· On your washed lips, apply a thick coat of milk cream.
· Gently massage, follow the circular motion and wait for 10 minutes.
· Wash off with lukewarm water.
· Repeat this daily until your lips are healed.
7. Aloe Vera
People have been using aloe vera to soothe the pain, reduce the redness happen to skin since it is best known for the healing benefits. By this way, it can heal your chapped lips and give it a natural color.
Here’s how to apply:
· Take out a small amount of aloe vera into a cup.
· Directly apply on your dry lips or use a cotton ball soaked with the gel.
· Leave them for 15 minutes the wash off with lukewarm water.
· You can apply your lip balm after that to have the best results.