Snoring is not a strange phenomenon which can be seen in people. It is estimated that almost 90 million people in the United States are affected seriously by snoring. A worse fact is that this trouble not only annoys you but also causes a number of discomforts to your partner. It is said that once a system called relaxed structures in throat area vibrates, noise will appear as well as snoring takes place. Moreover, high level of stress, lack of sleep and tiredness are considered to be main contributors leading to snoring. And if people don’t treat this disease from its beginning, it is highly possible that it can result in a number of much more severe impacts.
However, you don’t need to be overanxious because nature has offered people several natural treatments which can be applied at home to get rid of snoring.
Peppermint not only has cooling taste which brings people comfort but also acts as an effective remedy for snoring. It is believed that snoring will disappear quickly if welling level of the membranes between throat and nostril area is reduced. And anti-inflammatory properties found in peppermint can do it well.
- Have some drops of peppermint oil drop into a cup of water
- Use the solution to gargle your mouth before going to sleep
- Remember not to absorb the solution
- Repeat the process regularly
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil is another efficient home remedy for snoring. Thanks to anti-inflammatory elements presented in olive oil, tissues all along the respiratory passages will be removed, thus, it can reduce swelling in throat area responsible for snoring.
- Simply consume 2-3 spoon of olive oil each day before going to sleep
- Alternatively, get a mixture of olive oil and honey and drink it daily
People can love steaming or not, but no one can deny its great impacts on treating many problems including steaming. As mentioned before, tiredness is the main cause of snoring, thus, if your body feels relaxed, the likelihood of snoring will be decreased. And it is undeniable that steaming can provide people relaxation well.
- Boil water until it releases steam
- Have some drops of lavender oil into the solution
- Cover your head with a clean towel
- Let your nose inhale the steam coming from the solution in 10-15 minutes
- Repeat the process many times
In the fight against snoring, cardamom is highly evaluated. In fact, this ingredient can acts as an expectorant, thus, it promotes nasal passages to open up and prevents the threat of snoring efficiently.
- Mix a spoon of cardamom powder with a cup of lukewarm water
- Absorb the solution slowly
- Go to bed
- Follow this recipe frequently to see better outcome
Turmeric is considered to be a great source of antiseptic as well as antibiotic elements, therefore, when people apply turmeric, it can reduce inflammation causing snoring. Moreover, doctors usually advise patients to use turmeric with milk to have quicker effect.
- Have 1-2 spoons of turmeric powder mix with a cup of milk
- Sip the solution 20-25 minutes before going to bed
Nettle is considered to be one of the simplest as well as most effective home remedy for snoring. Moreover, if your snoring comes for seasonal allergy reaction, you have more reason to choose nettle. Particularly, nettle contains anti-inflammatory effects which can get rid of snoring caused by allergies well.
- Allow a spoon of nettle powder to dip into a cup of water
- Boil the solution in 3-4 minutes
- Strain it before letting it cool naturally
- Use the tea while it’s still warm
Garlic has been used for years to treat numerous problems including snoring. Moreover, garlic can accelerate the process of removing Infection.
- You can eat some raw garlic cloves each day
- Alternatively, people may add garlic into their daily meal, this solution is highly recommended for one who is afraid of eating garlic directly.