Among many ear-related diseases, earache seems to be the most common. There is no denying that earache can prevent people from working as well as studying effectively. In fact, people feel painful in ear area due to ear infection. Moreover, other contributors to earache can be listed as common cold or fluid buildup appearing in the middle ear. Although earache can do damage to almost everyone, children and adults are more likely to go down with this disease than others.
The treatment of earache depends on its complexity. If you are suffering from serious state of earache, you are recommended to consult advice from doctors. However, many people can be cured at home since they know how to take advantage of readily simple ingredient in their kitchens. Here come top 7 natural home remedies for earache.
1. Olive Oil
One of the most common treatments for earache which can be applied at home is olive oil. Facts have shown that olive oil can act as a lubricant, thus, it supports the removal of ear infection. Moreover, olive oil is so beneficial for treating buzzing sensations happening in ear area.
- Make use of olive oil as ear drops by having 2-3 drops of olive oil put into ear canal
- Alternatively, get a cotton ball to soak into olive oil then apply it into ear area
It is undeniable that garlic has great impacts on our daily life. People make use of garlic to treat many diseases including earache. In particular, the combination of analgesic and antibiotic found in garlic will efficiently eliminate area infection responsible from earache.
- Get a mixture of sesame oil and garlic with 1:1 ratio
- Put it under average temperature
- Let it cool naturally before filtering it
- Allow 2-3 drops of garlic to put into ear area
Another home remedy for earache is peppermint. In fact, this ingredient is well known for its cooling properties, therefore, it can reduce pain caused by earache to the lowest extent. Moreover, peppermint can also do well in removing Toothache.
- Use a cotton ball to soak into peppermint oil
- Apply it to earache area
One thing you should take notice is avoiding peppermint oil to come inside your ear
Earache is so annoying, you may spend all day just being crazy about extremely painful feeling it brings, which is so wasteful. However, a good news is that ginger may provide you effective relief from various symptoms caused by earache. You will be surprised at incredible effects of ginger on this disease for sure.
- Grind ginger roots carefully
- Mix it with 2-3 spoons of olive oil
- Wait for 5-10 minutes
- Have some drops of the solution put into your aching ear
5. Hot water
Scientists have proved that hot water heat of how water can relieve pain well. Thus, when you find it hard to deal serious state of earache, you can try this remedy.
- Prepare a bottle of hot water
- Allow it to press against your ear area in 5-10 minutes
Whenever going down with earache, many people will immediately think about a special solution: basil. Basil is so rich in anti-inflammatory as well as antibacterial properties, therefore, it can get rid of annoying symptoms caused by earache perfectly.
- Have some basil leaves
- Crush them carefully before extracting juice from them
- Have some drops of basil juice put in aching ear
- Do like this 2-3 times daily
People usually call neem by another name: Indian lilac. Neem contains many useful ingredients which are proved to get rid of earache without side effects. That explains why people have been using neem to say goodbye earache for years.