It is clear that skin tone contributes much to decide whether you look attractive and beautiful in others or not. Facts have shown that majority of people only take care of skin area of face and ignore other parts including knees, elbows. And that habit is not good. In particular, knees are areas which skin grow thicker and drier. Therefore, when they are not looked after properly, they will become darker and darker, which is so inconvenient once people want to wear short skirts. To prevent this problem, people should learn some ways to address it well.
Here is top 7 simple home remedies for dark knees.
1. Coconut Oil
Lightening skin area around knees and elbows will become an easy task is people know to make use of coconut oil. In fact, coconut oil is so rich in vitamin E – an element which can whiten skin naturally without side effects. Moreover, this home remedy can also protect your skin from dryness by providing it with enough moisturizer.
- Take a shower as usual
- Use coconut oil to massage knees and elbows
- Leave it on 10-15 minutes
- Keep repeating the process until you feel satisfactory
Lemon is well-known or its wonderful impacts on many aspects of our life. Not only is lemon used for cooking, it also has power to remove blemishes, treat headache and especially lighten skin around knees and elbows. In particular, lemon is so rich in vitamin C and acidity, therefore, it will remove dead skin cells as well as help your skin grow lighter perfectly.
- Extract juice from some lemons
- Apply it directly into elbows and knees
- Wait for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Apply some lotion to provide your skin with moisturizer
The habit of yogurt will assist you a lot in treating dark skin in knees and elbows. Specifically, yogurt consists of lactic acid which is said to be useful in lightening skin layer effectively. Moreover, this home remedy can also provide your skin enough moisturizer without using any other creams.
- Have a mixture of plain yogurt and vinegar with 1:1 ratio
- Apply it into your affected skin areas
- Wait for it to dry naturally
- Clean with warm water
- Keep following this recipe and you will see improvement for sure
Potato is a popular ingredient which can seen in almost any home kitchens. And potato can have power to treat many problems including dark knees and elbows.
- Extract juice from some potatoes
- Apply it into affected skin area
- Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse off by water
Among many home remedies for dark knees and elbows, neem is the most common. Neem is so rich in bleaching substances, as a result, it removes impurities from skin layer well and encourage it to grow better.
- Have some neem leaves boil in water for 10 minutes
- Strain the solution
- Let it cool
- Apply it into your knees and elbows
- Leave it on 30 minutes before washing with water
Not everyone knows that in addition to the function of eating, papaya can act as home remedy for dark knees and elbows. You can choose eating ripe papaya or making papaya smoothies. The whitening properties found in papaya will be responsible for removing dark skin cells effectively and promoting skin lightening process well.
Providing yourself with enough water and you will see many good effects this liquid brings to your life including removing dark knees and elbows.
Read more about How To Remove Scars.